The Skill Set
We’re smart, forward-thinking, responsive and cost-sensitive.
Our expertise is comprehensive. Our value-add is remarkable.
- Venture Capital Financing
- Start-Up Structure
- Equity Stakeholder Relations
- Onboarding and Employment Matters
- Incentive Equity
- Brand Ambassador Programs
- Customer Agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- Vendor Contracts
- Confidentiality/Nondisclosure Agreements
- Assignment of Inventions Agreements
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Dispute Resolution (pre-litigation)
Communication – Honest ands straightforward discussion; patient listening. We want to teach you what we know; because smart clients are successful clients.
Creative Thinking – As new frontiers unfold, not everything will have been done before. Together, we will figure out the best strategies.
Flexibility – every client is unique, so we are accordingly adaptable.
Accountability – Like you, we keep many balls in the air, but we will always try to meet and exceed your expectations. On the off chance we miss, we invite your feedback as it fosters our professional growth.
CLIENT TECHNOLOGY SECTORS INCLUDE
- Big Data / Media and Content
- Mobile Software (as applied to wearables, smartphones and tablets)
- Web Software
- NFC – Near Field Communications
- Enterprise Software
- Social Media (commerce, virtualization, gaming)
- Space Technology
- Financial Technologies
- Consumer Innovation Experience
In addition to our corporate and technology practice, Smart Start Law has broad litigation and dispute resolution capabilities, handling a variety of high-stakes disputes, litigation and trials for financial institutions, businesses and individuals via Parker Pohl LLP (Super Lawyers Magazine “Rising Stars” and 2017 honor recipients), where Paula Glass serves as Special Counsel. Practice additionally includes acting as expert witness in corporate law matters for comprehensive insurance and risk management companies.
As COO of a world-renown boutique digital design shop, The Wonderfactory, it was my job to make sure that we had the best legal representation in the business. Paula Glass was that and more; she understood the legal challenges faced by a small company, the IP issues we needed to address, often before we even knew they were issues. She was invaluable to our success.Bill Klavon